Best 10 Tips for New Entrepreneurs
CEO Expert, UK.
- My first and foremost advice is to know your weaknesses first. Everyone knows the good side of you, but it is really difficult to find the bad side. Have a second person with you who can easily tell you both good and bad. If you think about it, you will see that those who have been successful all over the world, as an entrepreneur, there was a second person with them, who helped him to remain steadfast in his goal.
- It is very important to have a very clear idea about what you want to get, why you are doing the work, what you will get from it, how your initiative will come in handy. A specific goal must be set first.
- You have to believe in yourself, you have to have confidence in your work. If you don’t have confidence in what you are doing, how can others trust you? If you don’t have confidence in yourself, your colleagues will take their confidence away from you.
- Must have a love for one’s work. Without it, you will never succeed. Confidence, love, and honest courage are the three things that are the most important for an entrepreneur.
- It is not possible to take any big initiative without courage. If you need to take a risk for something good, you have to take it. Of course, the easiest thing to do is not to take risks — everyone knows that. But you can stay safe without taking risks, but that is not always true. I can give many examples where many people have lost their entire business and gone bankrupt in order to hold on to the business that has been passed down through the generations. There is only one reason for this — the newcomers have not been able to keep up with the new business. Because, they have always wanted to be risk-free, and thus they have lost everything by not keeping pace with the times.
- Alternatives You can never go to work without a plan. Never forget Murphy’s theory, ‘If something goes wrong, follow an alternative path’.
- I have never seen an entrepreneur in my life who misbehaves with the people around him. One thing to keep in mind all the time, under no circumstances should anyone be abused. It is very natural that when you go down to work, you will not like many things of many, you will not have to say many things of many proposals. But no matter what you do, you have to be polite to everyone around you, even if you don’t tell anyone.
- Think of everything as normal at all times. Never complicate your thinking. As I said before, business is actually very simple. And don’t let a lot of people around you go around doing this simple task. Because they may take you away from your main goal with unnecessary arguments.
- Work hard, not hard. This means that you don’t just have to be crazy, work for hours on end, work for 18-20 hours a day, don’t hurt yourself, but find out how to do something with the least amount of effort. Intelligent people work hard, not with force. It is not necessary to sit in the office in a fashionable way all the time, those who know the work take out their work even in sports, laughter, and jokes.
- The last and most valuable advice is, whatever you do in life, whatever you do; Enjoy life, find joy from every day, from every moment. It is certain that you will not be able to enjoy life 100% of the time, so never give up hope, you will not find happiness, at least try.
Remember, only 10 out of 100 new entrepreneurs succeed, if you can be one of them, what’s wrong! Congratulations in advance.
-This translation by Faisal Hasan was published in Prothom Alo on November 23, 2011.